Supta Baddha Konasana – How to do and Its Benefits
Do you know about Supta Badha Konasana Pose? This is a type of yoga especially for women and also it is the end of a regular mat class. Nowadays, yoga becomes an essential part of many people’s daily routine because it provides several benefits to their health. This is also one of the best pose to calm any number of physical or mental troubles. Therefore, today in this article we are discussing about Supta Badha Konasana and their health benefits.
The Supta Baddha Kona Asana is also well-known as the Supine Bound Angle pose or Reclining Bound Angle Pose or Goddess Pose. In Sanskrit, Supta means ‘reclining ‘and Baddha means ‘bound’ and also Kona is angle Asana means pose. If any women perform this pose on a regular basis then it recover fertility issues among women. The people who are suffering from breathing problem then this pose are very beneficial because it opens the chest and eases the intercostal muscles among the ribs. If you want to get other benefits then read this article carefully.
See More: Supta Padangusthasana
Directions for Supta Badha Konasana Pose:
Now, we are giving basic and important steps to perform this pose perfectly. If you want to learn this pose then follows these steps;
1. Lie flat on the ground. Curve your knees and place your feet composed even on the ground. Glide your heels restfully near to the groins.
2. Press your palms down into the surface by your hips. As you respire, contract your abdominal muscles and transfer your tailbone below and to the pubic bone.
3. Feel how the pelvic slope has elongated your lower back and calms the spine. Keep this pelvic tilt.
4. With the next breathe out, gently permit your knees to open and glide to the earth making a bounce diagonally the internal thighs and groin.
5. If you feel distress in your knees, back, or groin or you feel the spring is too deep, Place the soles of your feet composed as the outer edge of feet relaxes on the earth. Attempt to keep the heels near to your groins.
See More: Reclining Hero Pose
6. Uphold the small pelvic tilt to retain consciousness to your lower back and to avoid your lower spine from affecting into a forceful arch.
7. Reduce your shoulders after thinning out the shoulder blades and stirring your shoulders down and not here from your neck. Place your arms 45 degrees away from your torso by the palms twisted up.
8. To relax into the pose, you may use your hands to somewhat rotate your thighs outwardly (outwards) to make the effect that the inner groins are down into the pelvis.
9. Allow your knees to float or drift and fixed your attention on calming your groins deep into your pelvis. As your groins issue near the floor, so will your knees incline.
10. Grasp the pose unproven for 30 seconds to 1 minute breathing slow and totally into the abdomen.
11. To withdrawal, exhale and contract your abdominals. Softly, press your lower back into floor. As you breathe in, press your knees up and together. Lift the feet and round them in one direction several times and then alter direction.
12. Then, embrace the knees into the chest and rock side to side.
See More: Patner Yoga Asanas
Health Benefits of Supta Badha Konasana Pose:
- Useful for women during menstruation and menopause.
- Benefits to release the symptoms of stress, mild depression.
- Stimulates abdominal organs like the ovaries and prostate gland, bladder, and kidneys.
- Stretches the inner thighs, groins, and knees
- Frees energy flow in your pelvic area and general circulation.
- Supports those with high blood pressure and breathing problems.
- Good for pregnant women in preparation for childbirth.
I hope you find this article very interesting as well as beneficial. Enjoy and keep practicing!