Prasarita Padottanasana – How to do and Its Benefits
Do you want to know about Prasarita Padottasana Pose? If you prefer yoga rather than the tough exercises then you must have to know about this pose. This pose is very simple yoga pose that is perfect for beginners and it is also very beneficial for losing belly fat. Thus, today in this article we are telling you about Prasarita Padottasana Pose and their health benefits.
Prasarita Padottanasana is also known as Wide Legged Forward Bend. If we break down the word then you easily recognize the pose such as prasarita means strained out, extended, spread, with stretched limbs, pada means foot, ut means strong and tan means to bounce or lengthen. This pose is well known not only for performing any other kind of exercises but also provides a whole stretch to all parts of your body. This is one of influential standing poses and it improves power in the legs. if you are a beginner then this article is for you then read this very carefully!
See More: Noose Pose Yoga
Instructions for Prasarita Padottasana Pose:
Now, below we mention the simple and important steps for performing this pose. They are as follows;
1. Begin in the Tadasana pose. Take a deep breath and step casually to extent your feet at a distance. Permit your feet to be 3 to 4 feet separately.
2. Relax both your hands on your stomach, right above your backsides, engaging your feet equivalent to each other.
3. Pull up on the inside parts of your ankles to left the inner arches of your legs. Place your feet rigidly on the ground and pull the thigh muscles therefore you can engage them also.
4. Take in a deep inhalation, and boost your chest. Permit your front torso to be extended than your back.
5. Breathe out and keep increasing the front of your torso. Slim to your front gradually, letting your chest and shoulders to get comparable to the ground.
See More: Parivrtta Trikonasana
6. Grasp out your hands and press your fingertips right in opposite of you. Retain your back and your torso in a somewhat bowl-shaped position. Elevate your head, thus your look is in the air and you are watching to the top limit.
7. Shove the top of your thighs back to extend your torso even further. Take in numerous deep inhalations and have respiring as well.
8. Curve your elbows and slender in further, twisting your torso from the hips.
9. Go and rest the top of your head on the surface in anterior of you. Be sure to keep increasing your torso and save it as overextended as conceivable.
10. Press the internal parts of your palms into the ground. Possess your fingers pointing onward.
11. Pull your shoulders towards the back, away from your ears and stop in the pose for at least 30 seconds.
12. If you are relaxed, you can extend the stretch and halt in the pose for at least one minute.
13. Take in a deep inhalation and arrive into the Mountain Pose.
See More: Paripurna Navasana
Health Benefits of Prasarita Padottasana Pose:
There are several benefits of Prasarita Padottasana pose and some of them are given here;
- Get rid of mild backache.
- Tone the muscles in the calves, groin, and hip region.
- Relieve stress-related headaches, migraine and fatigue.
- Regulates menstrual flow.
- Good massage for to the kidneys and liver.
- Strengthens and stretches the inner and back legs, hamstrings and the spine.
- Digestion power increases.
- Helps in reducing obesity and blood pressure.
- Relaxes the brain and the nervous system.
- Recover blood circulation to the brain.
Hence, these are Prasaritta Padottasana Pose and their health benefits. I hope you find this article very helpful as well as informative! Enjoy this pose!