Masala Chicken Recipe – How to Make?
On a lazy Sunday afternoon the only thing that your taste buds want is a spicy chicken masala dish to go with hot tawa parathas. The whole week you wait just for the weekend to come so that you can chill and have some nice food. Not every weekend you get to go out with friends or have a hot cup of coffee with Egg Wraps at the CCD. Or sometimes you just want those flavours from your own kitchen to pour into your mouth and not some Dominos pizza. So how about try out a simple chicken masala recipe and give your taste buds the jolt of the red hot chillies?
Here is a simple and easy chicken masala recipe which you can try out.
( See More: Simple Baked Chicken Recipes )
- 1 Kg chicken (boneless cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup Bell peppers cut into shreds
- 1 cup non-diced cherry tomatoes
- 5 to 6 green chillies cut lengthwise (increase the number if you want spicier)
- 4 dried red chillies (made into paste with some water)
- 4 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Half a cup of hung curd (beaten with some salt, sugar and pepper)
- 2 cups onions chopped
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- Turmeric powder
- Coriander powder
- Cumin seeds roasted and ground into powder 2 tbsp
- ½ tbsp Garam masala powder
- Tomato sauce 2 tbsp
- Desi ghee 2 tbsp or refined oil 2 tbsp
- Chat masala
- Sugar, salt and pepper corns (whole)
- A bunch of coriander leaves
( See More: Recipe Of Lemon Chicken )
- Cut the chicken pieces into small strips. We suggest that you use without the bones or you can use with bones if you cannot do the hard work. Marinate these chicken pieces with the hung curd mixture and keep it like this for 20 minutes. This will increase the flavour of the chicken.
- Take a frying pan and place it on the stove. Now when it is heated, grease the pan with oil. Put 1 tbsp oil into it and wait for it to get heated.
- When it is heated, turn the flame to medium and put the ginger garlic paste. Sauté it for 1 minute and put the onions in. See that the mixture doesn’t get burnt or else it will lose its flavour. Next use a
- Put in the cherry tomatoes and the red chillies paste. Sauté for a few more minutes and pour in the rest of the oil.
- Put the chicken pieces and all the other ingredients except for the lemon juice, coriander leaves and chat masala. You can use a little bit of water if required. Cover and cook.
- Cook it on low flame for at least 15 to 20 minutes for the whole thing to get cooked properly. Check now and then to see that the chicken still has some gravy left.
- When it is properly cooked, check the salt and sugar. Add more if required. Put the chat masala and squeeze the lemon juice on top of it.
- Lastly put it on high heat for a few minutes constantly stirring so that it doesn’t get burnt or stuck to the pan. When the whole gravy dries up, remove and serve on a platter. Use chopped coriander leaves to garnish on top of it.
- This tastes best with hot rice or parathas.
( See More: How To Make Chicken Soup )