Janusirasana – How to do and Its Benefits
Do you know about Janusirasana? If you prefer to do yoga then you must have to know about Janusirasana. Nowadays, the life becomes very hectic and yoga plays an essential role for giving stress-free life not only physically but also mentally. The Janusirsasana is one of the best asana that provides several benefits on your health. Therefore, today in this article we are discussing on Janusirsana pose and their health benefits.
Janusirsasana is also known as Head-to-knee pose and thus as this name proposes this is a forward bend posture with a spinal twist. In Sanskrit janu means knee and sirsa means head so that this asana means head to knee posture. This Janusirsasana pose is suitable for all levels of candidates. The Janusirsasana is very beneficial for the prevention of of different types of diseases.
See More: Hanumanasana
Instructions for Janu SirsasanaAsana:
Now, here we are giving the important steps by which you can perform this pose very accurately.
1. You must make up yourself for this asana by sitting on the ground with your buttocks elevated on a doubled blanket and your legs are straight in opposite of you.
2. With Breathing, curve your right knee, and pull the heel back in the direction of your perineum.
3. Relaxed your right foot sole casually alongside your inner left thigh, and place the outer right leg on the surface, with the shin at a right angle to the left leg you can maintain your right knee with blanket, if necessary.
4. Press your right hand contrary to the inner right groin, wherever the thigh joins the pelvis and your left hand on the ground alongside the hip.
5. Breathe out and turn the torso somewhat to the left, stimulating the torso as you push down on and ground the inner right thigh.
See More: Garland Pose
6. Line up your bellybutton with the middle of the left thigh.
7. Stay here for some time, using a belt to benefit you raise the spine consistently, and preparation through the sitting bones. Or as soon as you are ready, you can fall the belt and stretch out with your right hand to take the inner left foot, thumb on the sole.
8. Breathe in and lift the front torso, pressing the top of the left thigh into the surface and covering actively through the left heel.
9. Use the weight of the left hand on the ground to raise the twist to the left. Then reach your left hand to the outside of the foot.
10. With the arms fully stretched, extend the front torso from the pubis on the way to the superior of the sternum.
11. Breathe out and spread onward from the groins, not the hips. Avoid pulling yourself powerfully into the forward bend, draw up the back and shortening the front torso.
12. Twist your elbows out to the sides and boost them away from the surface while sinking.
13. Elongate onward into a relaxed stretch. The lower belly should touch the thighs first, and the head last.
14. Halt in the pose somewhere after 1 to 3 minutes.
15. Come up with a breath and recap the commands with the legs inverted for the same length of time.
See More: Mayurasana Benefits
Health Benefits of Janusirsasana Pose:
There are many health benefits of Janusirsasana pose and some of them are as follows:
- Therapeutic for high insomnia, high blood pressure, diabetes, and sinusitis.
- Releases anxiety, weakness, menstrual discomfort and headache.
- Massages and motivates your interior organs like the liver as well as kidneys.
- Supports the back muscles during pregnancy.
- Strengthens the hamstrings, shoulders and groins.
- Recovers digestion and benefits to patch up gastric ailments.
- Calms the mind and central nervous system.
So, these are the Janusirsasana and their health benefits and I hope you find this article very helpful as well as informative. Stay fit and healthy!