Top 9 Health Benefits of Eggplant / Brinjal
Did you know that the humble eggplant has a lot of benefits for the human body? Thanks to the plenty fibre content in it, which helps the digestive system, and if you know how to cook it well, you would have all the nutrients and minerals too. Some of us cook the eggplant using spices and coconut milk, and then there are many who boil, steam or roast it too.
So without much ado, let us give you the best benefits you could gain health wise having eggplant. Please read on and be well-informed for the same
See More: Health Benefits Of Green Apple
It is said that many cultures use eggplants to treat chicken pox and measles, and it also brings down the dependence levels on intoxication too. Some old wives also use eggplants to help with scars and burns on the skin as well, and there are some who use the eggplant to help deal with seizures of various types too.
Nigerians are believed to use eggplant to help with nervous and anxiety pangs. The eggplant is used as a repellent, especially it’s juice to calm the nervous system
1. The Japanese are known to use the juice of eggplant to bring down the risks of cancer. This is because of the trypsin found in the eggplant, which can beat free radical damages done to the body’s DNA system
2. A happy heart is possible because the eggplant has a lot of fibre in it, along with antioxidants and beta-carotene. This helps bring down the risks of coronary heart ailments, strokes and diseases.
3. Hypertension can be brought down as mentioned, since eggplant as studied can have a lot of potassium and very low levels of sodium too, both of which helps bring down the cause of hypertension in the body
4. The levels of cholesterol in the body can be brought down with eggplant juice or the veggie cooked. This is because the fibre in the eggplant helps absorb fats and prevents the occurrence of bad cholesterol or LDL.
See More: Methi Benefits
5. Diabetes too can be prevented when a little bit of eggplant is added to the meals as a side dish every day. The enzymes of the eggplant can help absorb the blood sugar levels, and it would also help with bringing down the blood pressure levels too, all of which could help bring down tension and stress in the body as well
6. The accumulation of fat in our bloodstream can be brought down when an eggplant a day is consumed. This wouldn’t allow the arteries to be clogged, which means you would now be safe from the ailments and diseases of the heart.
7. Eggplants are very good for the brain, since it has a lot of phytonutrients in them, which keeps the brain cells protected and the brain well developed too, say sources. Children and young adults especially should have eggplant from now to prevent the brain from being damaged or overworked as time passes by.
8. Eggplants can help you lose weight as well, and the fibre in it would keep you full for a long time to come, and helps with metabolism too. Fats can be burned in the body, when eggplants are consumed, so have a bowl of it everyday and watch how you lose weight soon
9. The central nervous system is kept fit when you have eggplant everyday. Mental shocks, neurological diseases and more would all be kept in check and away from the human brain, since the eggplant has powers to fight them all.
See More: Elderberry Benefits
- The mineral levels found in eggplants are important for the body to have.
- The phytonutrients found in the eggplant are good for circulation of blood and brain nourishment
- The skin of eggplants is where you would find minerals, vitamins and important enzymes hidden
- Fibre from the eggplant keeps you full and helps you lose weight
- Fibre in the eggplant helps keep the digestion system in place
- Fibre in the eggplant helps clean the colon and the intestine too, keeping them both safe from cancers
- The calorific levels of eggplants are low, it has no fats but plenty of fibre to keep you fit
- For many centuries, the use of eggplant has been a boon for those who needed to control diabetes
- Happy hearts always, the consumption of an eggplant a day proves that, say doctors and research students
- When you bake an eggplant and consume it, you would be saved from the perils and onslaught of cholesterol levels rising in the body, especially LDL.
- Eggplant can be cooked, boiled, steamed and baked.
- There are plenty of bioflavonoids in the eggplant, which helps with the blood cleansing
- Eggplants help with the prevention of blood clots
- Eggplants have a lot of vitamin K in it which helps with blood capillary strengthening
- No more crying every morning because of painful bowels, the fibre in the eggplant would help with easy flow of bowels
1 cup chopped eggplant
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup gram flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp assorted flavoured spices, including salt
Mix the gram flour with a little water to form a liquid paste and to it add all the dry spices. Now add the onions and keep aside. Wash the chopped eggplant and drain all the water out. Take the pieces and mix with the spiced up gram flour liquid paste.
In another bowl, use a little oil and warm it well. now place the piece of eggplant in the oil and fry.
Serve hot with sauce.
These were the best nine reasons why we love eggplant. If you would like to share some of your tips and ideas with us, please feel free to write in or comment below. We love hearing from you as we love sharing with you.