Carrot Soup – How to Prepare and Its Health Benefits
Carrot is a very power packed vegetable. You can have this vegetable as a soup or as a crunchy vegetable or in any other recipe that you want. Today we will talk about a carrot soup. This is a very healthy and tasty soup which can be best eaten when it is warm. You can have this as a chilled soup but this soup tastes better when it is warm. Serve this with crust bread or normal bread laced with margarine or butter. This can be a good side dish to go with roast chicken or when you are on diet. You can add chicken too into this soup or noodles to make this heavier if you are not willing to have bread with it. This can be loaded with your favourite fresh herbs too.
Let us see how you can make a carrot soup.
2 medium sized carrots
2 tbsp butter or 2 tbsp refined oil
1 tbsp garlic chopped
2 tbsp chopped onions
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp green chillies chopped
Chopped coriander 4 tbsp
Boiled chicken pieces optional
4 cups vegetable stock or 4 cups chicken stock
2 tbsp corn flour
1 cup spring onions finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp cream for each serving bowl
Bread crust to go as a side item
( See More: Recipe Of Cabbage Soup )
- Wash and peel the skin of the carrots and grate these finely.
- In a pan heat oil or butter.
- When the butter or oil gets hot, reduce the flame and put in the garlic, onions and green chillies. Sauté for a few minutes and add the corn flour.
- Sauté this again for 1 minute. Do not let the corn flour get too brown.
- Add the vegetable stock and the grated carrots puree. Mix in the salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 8 minutes over low flame.
- After 8 minutes, mix in the tomato sauce.
- Cook for another 5 minutes and take it off the heat.
- Strain the mixture through a strainer and mix in the chopped spring onions and cream.
- If you want to add chicken pieces then add the boiled chicken pieces after straining the mixture and do not forget to cook it further for 5 more minutes. Then add the chopped spring onions and cream after turning the flame off. Similarly noodles can be added at this stage. If you add noodles before then they may become too soft or get melt totally which will make the soup very gooey.
- You can also add the cream while serving this into bowls. Also garnish with fresh coriander. You can serve this with crust bread.
( See More: How To Make Beetroot Soup )
Benefits of having carrot soup:-
- Carrots are rich in vitamin A. So these help a lot in improving your eyesight.
- Carrots can lessen chances of breast cancer or colon cancer. But these should be included in your daily diet to see its good effects.
- Carrots can prevent aging and having these in your regular diet as a crunchy vegetable or as a soup can give you healthy skin. It also prevents your skin against UV Damage.
- Carrots have beta and alpha carotene which helps give you healthy heart.
- Carrots are rich in vitamin A which helps you flush toxins out of the body. Having carrot soup can give you overall healthy body.
- If you eat carrots regularly or at least 5 times a week then you can reduce your chances of having a heart stroke.
( See More: Barley Soup Recipe )